Do you wake up on Monday mornings feeling exhausted, overwhelmed, and just plain old unhappy? If so, it might be because you are facing the week with a negative mind set. Instead of focusing on what you want out of life, you focus on what you don’t want. You focus on what you’re tired of dealing with. You focus on what’s wrong. And you feel like there isn’t anything good about your situation.
You either love them or you HATE them. But here’s the thing…you CAN change your attitude. You CAN change how you think. All it takes is one little shift in thinking to start seeing things differently. So let’s take a look at some positive Monday affirmations to help you start off the week with a smile on your face.
How to Practice Affirmations?
Affirmations work because we’re all hardwired to believe what we see. We’ve got a tendency to repeat behaviors that give us positive feedback. So, if we keep doing things over and over again, it becomes easier and easier to continue believing in our success.
But there’s a catch: we must believe in ourselves enough to take action. If we don’t believe in our ability to succeed, we won’t try. And without trying, we’ll never achieve anything.
So, when you practice an affirmation, you need to really mean it. It needs to come from the heart. It needs to be sincere. It needs to be honest. It needs to be true.
And most importantly, it needs to be something you truly desire for yourself. If you tell yourself “I’m going to lose weight” but then eat chocolate cake every day, you will not lose weight. Because you didn’t actually believe you were capable of losing weight.
If you tell yourself “I am beautiful,” but then spend hours looking in the mirror hating everything about yourself, you will not become more confident. Because you didn’t believe you were beautiful.
And if you tell yourself “I deserve this promotion,” but then fail to put forth any effort towards achieving it, you will not get promoted. Because you didn’t really believe you deserved it.
The point is, you have to believe in yourself before you can expect to receive anything.
What Is the Importance of Monday Affirmations?
We’ve all been there – you start off the week feeling great about yourself, but within 24 hours you feel like you’re dragging behind. This could mean that you’re having trouble focusing on your goals, or maybe you’re simply experiencing a dip in motivation.
The reason why these dips occur is because our minds are subconsciously trying to tell us something. In fact, studies show that humans experience mental fatigue every day, even though we don’t realize it.
This is where affirmations come in handy. They help you identify what you want to achieve and how you plan to do it. For example, you might say “I’m going to focus my energy on getting things done,” or “I’m going to make sure I get everything done today.”
By repeating positive statements out loud, you’re essentially telling your mind that you believe in yourself and that you know exactly what you want to accomplish. As a result, you won’t have to worry about letting yourself down and giving up.
You don’t have to spend hours creating a list of “good things.” All it takes is three minutes to pick out some positive affirmations that speak directly to what you want to achieve. Here are 33 examples of positive Monday affirmations. Feel free to add your own!
- Waking up today is a gift.
- I greet this day with gratitude.
- Today is a great day to grow.
- I choose happiness today.
- My mind is clear and focused.
- I am grateful for my family and friends.
- I accept myself just as I am.
- I am grateful for the opportunity to learn something new today.
- Today I choose to focus my energy on being productive and effective.
- I am thankful for opportunities to grow and develop professionally.
- My mind is clear and focused; I am prepared to take advantage of this day.
- I appreciate the chance to work toward achieving my goals.
- Today I will take one step toward achieving my goals.
- I am well prepared for an awesome day.
- I am growing and improving every single day.
- I am healthy, happy, safe, and secure.
- I am feeling great today.
- Every day is a fresh start.
- Monday mornings are my favorite time of the week.
- Mondays remind me of fresh beginnings and new opportunities.
- I am thankful for everything I have and looking forward for what is to come.
- I am prepared to face whatever obstacles come my way this week.
- This week I will ask for help when I need it.
- Today I choose to be happy.
- I am open to receiving guidance and support today.
- I am alert, focused, productive, and happy today!